Senior Project Manager
2225 Erin Mills, Mississauga, ON
Do you want to be part of a team providing safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day?
Become a Senior Project Manager with OCWA today!
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
Who we are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
In this role you will
- Lead a team of engineers to provide engineering and project management services related to development, design and construction of municipal water, wastewater and biosolids treatment projects.
- Establish, organize and grow engineering capability within the Engineering Services Group.
- Support our Regional Hubs in developing and executing capital projects.
- Maintain close relationships with clients' decision-makers and stakeholders and continuously aim to improve business relationships with clients.
- Monitor contract progress, prepare progress reports and ensure construction project compliance with agreements and standard engineering practices.
- Manage and partner with third party consulting engineers for the delivery of new and upgraded water and wastewater treatment plants including review and approve preliminary, final design and tender documentation, ensure that all project specifications comply with legislation and standards.
- Perform technical design calculations, analysis of water/wastewater plant operation and conceptual process design
- Undertake QA/QC of engineering documents prepared by the engineering staff and provide review of work completed by external consultants.
- Advise clients on water and wastewater project delivery including engineering, construction, legislative review and guidance on funding .
- Prepare documentation, reports and recommendations as required.
- Communicate and liaise with regulatory bodies (MOECC and others) for adherence to regulations for water and wastewater projects.
- Mentor and coach a group of less experienced engineers.
What we are looking for?
- PEO Licensed Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineer
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of engineering design and construction for complex water and wastewater systems,
- Thorough knowledge of municipal, environmental and OH&S legislation and applicable funding programs.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in designing, managing and implementing water and wastewater projects.
- Strong knowledge of water chemistry
- Experience in process design, equipment sizing and specification, costing of equipment and project management of water supply and treatment, wastewater pumping and biosolids disposal systems.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of engineering design and construction of complex water and wastewater systems, and of related municipal, environmental and OH&S legislation.
- Proficient in the preparation of reports, contract documents preparation and tendering.
- Ability to manage client needs, project scope, budget, resources and staff, and schedule.
- Ability to facilitate decisions that help to advance overall agency engineering strategies and plans.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent project management, time, and financial management skills.
- Very strong analytical, problem-solving, and design/review skills.
- Excellent oral and writing skills to prepare and present technical reports, write proposals, and prepare user manuals and guidelines.
- Strong leadership, negotiating and interpersonal skills to develop options with clients, illustrate advantages and disadvantages of various options and facilitate decisions that help to advance overall agency engineering strategies and plans.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Desire to mentor and train less experienced engineering staff.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint. Knowledge of CAD would be as asset.
How to Apply
1. You must apply by e-mail.
2. You must show how you meet what we are looking for clearly, completely and concisely; we rely on the information you provide to us.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application/resume with cover letter to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Attention: Divya Sundarajan
Ontario Clean Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change. As the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants. Consider this opportunity if you are a motivated, team oriented individual seeking a career in the water and wastewater industry.
Note: Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or an interview.