Senior Operations Manager
35 Vanley Crescent, Toronto
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change. As the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants.
Join the management team at the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) in an exciting opportunity to lead and inspire a dynamic team in the provision of safe, client oriented, and growing business stream of waste diversion management services in the province of Ontario.
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive Health Plan.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
Who we are
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations
What we are looking for
OCWA is seeking a proven, results-oriented manager to provide leadership and overall management for OCWA operations of the Expanded Dufferin Organics Processing Facility in the City of Toronto.
As the Senior Operations Manager, you will:
- Plan, lead and manage the delivery of operations, maintenance and electrical systems for waste diversion management (source separated organics) clients of the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) in a defined geographic region in order to support, enable and ensure effective operational effectiveness, efficiencies, safety, and optimum asset management.
- Lead/provide strategic/technical expertise, advice and policy recommendations to regional/OCWA management and regional clients/partners on preventative maintenance strategies and technical solutions to support client operations and OCWA business development objectives.
How do I qualify?
- Class 4 certification in Wastewater Treatment, and Class 2 certification in Wastewater Collection.
- May consider lesser qualified candidates as under fill - minimum Level OIT Wastewater Treatment and Wastewater Collection as specified in (Reg.129/04).
Leadership, Operational Management, Business Development and Financial Management skills:
- Demonstrated leadership and operational management skills to lead and oversee the planning and delivery of source separate organics waste diversion management operations.
- Demonstrated human resources management skills to lead, motivate, coach and manage a team of staff.
- Knowledge of management and business development principles, practices and methods to support business growth and development initiatives and to position OCWA as a total solutions provider.
- Demonstrated financial management skills to develop/control facility operational budgets, oversee acquisitions and contractors, implement cost-savings and competitive business strategies, and ensure profitability.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Technical knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, structure, products and processes related to large/small scale source separated organics processing facilities.
- Conceptual, research, analytical, problem solving and risk management skills to lead the identification and analysis of preventative maintenance issues/gaps and the research/assessment of process optimization opportunities and system/service options/strategies to meet needs.
- Knowledge of the interpretation and application of relevant federal and provincial environmental protection, technical and health and safety legislation, regulations, codes, guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Knowledge of the source separated organics waste diversion industry in Ontario including current/future trends, issues and developments.
- Technical knowledge of source separated organics maintenance best practices and standards, and industrial, electrical and electronic instrumentation and control theory, principles and practices and assessment techniques for the selection, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance of a wide variety of complex control, monitoring and telemetry communication systems to plan and lead maintenance and electrical system construction, monitoring, and repair operations.
Communication, Political Acuity and Relationship Management Skills
- Knowledge of client business goals and directions, economic/market environmental changes that impact on client’s long-term business plans.
- Knowledge of business management practices to operate efficiently in order to realize profit while maintaining a high level of service.
- Demonstrated written communication skills to produce financial/business/operations analysis reports.
- Excellent communication, innovation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, conceptual, consultation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative research, planning and evaluating skills.
- Proficiency in strategically identifying research and development needs for the Agency.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize well and meet strict deadlines.
Other Essential Skills
- Knowledge of financial resources management to develop and manage department budget.
- Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures to oversee all stages of acquisition of goods and services and prepare RFQs and RFPs.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices, policies and guidelines.
How To Apply
1. You must apply by e-mail.
2. You must show how you meet what we are looking for clearly, completely and concisely; we rely on the information you provide to us.
3. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application/resume with cover letter to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Attention: Lynne Charles, Regional Business Manager
Ontario Clean Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is an agency of the Province of Ontario, reporting to the Ministry of the Environment. As the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Canada, we manage over 800 facilities from small well systems and lagoons to large water and wastewater treatment plants. Consider this opportunity if you are a motivated, team oriented individual seeking a career in the water and wastewater industry.
Note: Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or an interview.