Co-op - Operator Trainee - Summer 2018
Various locations across Ontario
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) is a provincial Crown corporation in
business to provide environmentally responsible and cost-effective water and wastewater
services to Ontario municipalities. OCWA currently operates over 800 facilities in the province, making it the largest operator of water and wastewater facilities in Canada.
- Assist in the operating and maintenance of a water and sewage treatment facility;
- Assist in collecting and submitting samples, record readings;
- Data entry (PDC) Process Data Collection;
- Assist in conducting various lab tests and analysis;
- Assist in the preparation of reports;
- Other duties, as assigned to support and assist in the operations of the groups water and sewage plants throughout the area;
- Willingness to travel throughout the Hub Region.
- Enrolled in a College or University Environmental Management Program or related courses;
- General knowledge of the operation of water & wastewater treatment facilities;
- Knowledge of standard laboratory methods and procedures for water & wastewater analysis;
- Knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills;
- PC Proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other Windows applications;
- Lab and sampling experience;
- Must possess Operator-in-Training (OIT) License Certification;
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety, First Aid and WHMIS;
- Class “G2” Driver’s license.
Academic Dicipline: Environmental Studies
Level: Junior/ Intermediate (must obtain wastewater/water certification – OIT)
Classification: Operator Trainee
Only students who are willing to move/relocate to these locations should apply.
Resumes can be sent electronically to the attention of the contact noted below for each region.
Quote only one reference number per application.
Ref No.: SU201810 - Carlton Place, Alfred or Chesterville (1 position) - Debbie Campbell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ref No.: SU201811 - Petawawa or Barry’s Bay (1 position) - Debbie Campbell (email@example.com).
Ref No.: SU201805AMH - Essex, ON, 415 Front Rd N, Amherstburg, ON N9V 2V5 (1 position) - Snehalata Kamath (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ref No.: SU201805BELLE - Denis St. Pierre WPCP, 276 Rourke Line Rd. Belle River, ON N0R1A0 (1 position) - Snehalata Kamath (email@example.com).
Georgian Highlands Region
Ref No.: SU201812 - 30 Woodland Drive, Wasaga Beach, ON L9Z2V4 (4 positions) - Caralynn McRae (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ref. No.: SU201815LIN - 48 Lagoon St, Lindsay ON, K9V 4R4 (1 position) - Helena Milchin-Raposo (HMilchin-Raposo@ocwa.com).
Ref. No.: SU201815BOB - 123 East St S, Bobcaygeon, K0M 1A0 (1 position) - Helena Milchin-Raposo (HMilchin-Raposo@ocwa.com).
Ref. No: SU201804 - Callander WTP, 100 Nipissing St. (1 position) - Lee Ann Curran
Ref. No.: SU201807 - Possible locations for 1 position: (1) Greenstone, ON (2) Longlac Water Treatment Plant 105 Park Street (3) Geraldton Water Treatment Plant Hwy 584 (4) Nakina Water Treatment Plant 413 River Rd (5) Beardmore Water Treatment Plant 30 Louise Ave - Johanna Kirkbride (email@example.com).
Ref. No.: SU201708 - LAWSS, 1215 Fort Street, Sarnia, ON N7V 1M1 (1 position) - Suzanne Durling (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ref. No.: SU201709 - Stratford, ON, 701 Gore St. W, Stratford, ON N5A 1L4 (1 position) - Meaghen Puff (email@example.com).
Ref. No.: SU201816 - Waterloo, ON, Waterloo/Kitchener, ON (2 positons) - Sharon Vida