Co-op - Junior Systems Services Analyst - Summer 2018
Travel required to:
Toronto and Mississauga, Ontario
Some regional travel within Ontario required
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) is a provincial Crown corporation in business
to provide environmentally responsible and cost-effective water and wastewater services to Ontario municipalities. OCWA currently operates over 800 facilities in the province, making it the largest operator of water and wastewater facilities in Canada.
We are currently seeking a summer co-op student to assist our Information and Technology Department to provide a range of computer support services; the successful candidate will:
- To assist staff of the OCWA who contact the Help Desk in person, by e-mail or by telephone.
- To provide end user support to systems users, such as technical assistance in the use of applications, diagnosing and resolving user problems with software, hardware (incl. printers).
- To instruct end users in the use of computers and applications, office systems, communications and business applications.
- To keep detailed records of time used, nature of problem, remedy, and client, to allow for tracking and analysis of the Unit's activities and OCWA's systems
- Perform technical writing/revisions of system documentation including creating and updating knowledge records
- Attend team meetings as required;
- Assist with the organization of electronic IT inventory database of information and maintain a nomenclature system for all forms, procedures, and other related documents
- Enrolled in a College or University Information Technology Program or related courses;
- General knowledge of technical and trouble-shooting services to end users in operation/use of computer hardware and software; knowledge of micro/personal computer hardware and peripherals, personal computer and network operating system software e.g. Windows knowledge of application software, particularly OCWA standard and commonly used software, e.g. MS Office 2010 applications
- Position requires knowledge of maintenance operations and testing and diagnostic software and recovery procedures
- Position requires knowledge of hardware/peripherals installation and cabling to assist in installation, configurations and testing of system hardware and disconnect workstations and peripherals
- Knowledge of specialized communications (e.g. PCAnywhere), network management and Helpdesk software, in order to provide trouble-shooting and end-user support in the use of application software, e-mail, networks, modems e.g. diagnosing whether a problem is hardware related, whether LAN or WAN and taking corrective action e.g. rebooting a server
- Reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Customer service and excellent communications skills
- Analytical skills
Academic Discipline: Information Technology/Systems
Classification: Systems Officer 1
Position Needed: Junior Systems Services Analyst
Ref. No.: SU2018IT
Only students who are willing to move/relocate to these locations should apply.
Please send resume to Andrea Cottrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) before March 9, 2018.
Ontario Clean Water Agency
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1700
Tel: (416) 775-0552
Fax: (416) 314-4615