Co-op - Health and Safety - Summer 2018
920 East Avenue Mississauga, ON
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) is a provincial Crown corporation in business to provide environmentally responsible and cost-effective water and wastewater services to Ontario municipalities. OCWA currently operates over 800 facilities in the province, making it the largest operator of water and wastewater facilities in Canada.
We are currently seeking a summer student to assist our Corporate Health, Safety Group in meeting Legislated and OCWA health and safety requirements. The successful candidate will:
- Working under the direction of a Health and Safety Coordinator, assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining comprehensive safety and health programs;
- Review documents and make required amendments as directed;
- Research and review legislation to be used in documents;
- Perform technical writing/revisions of documents;
- Attend team meetings as required;
- Assist with health and safety initiatives for 2018
- Other duties, as assigned to support and assist corporate health and safety staff and operations division;
- Must be Enrolled in a College or University Health and Safety Program;
- General knowledge of basic health and safety concepts;
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and associated regulations in Ontario;
- Knowledge of risk management principles;
- Effective oral, written, organizational and interpersonal communications skills;
- PC Proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other Windows applications;
- Extremely detailed in reference to editing documents;
- Experience with technical writing practices an asset;
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Commitment to safety and environment
Academic Discipline(s): Health and Safety
Ref. No.: SU2018HS
Only students who are willing to move/relocate to this location should apply.
Please quote reference number when applying.
Please send resume to Randy Plenner (email@example.com) before March 9, 2018.
Ontario Clean Water Agency
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1700
Tel: (416) 775-0552
Fax: (416) 314-4615