Ontario Public Service (OPS) Accessible Customer Service Policy
The Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 became law on January 1, 2008. It is the first accessibility standard under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. This regulation is an important step to create a barrier-free and accessible Ontario by 2025.
Learn more about what customers can expect from both the Ontario Public Service and the Ontario Clean Water Agency, as an Agency of the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change:
In alignment with the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines on Accessible Websites, our website is:
- We provide text alternatives for any non-text content
- We use stylesheets (CSS) to facilitate content compatibility with screen readers
- We make use of ALT tags and title tags
- Our website has text resizing options to increase and decrease size of text
- We support users who navigate via keyboard (i.e., using the Tab key instead of mouse)
- This website uses colour correctly to account for those with colour blindness
- We supports varied navigability to help users find content – Search, Quick Links, Breadcrumbs & core menu navigation
- Our website features content management to support readability and comprehension and facilitates structure on web pages using header tags (H1, H2 … H6)
- We support use of Abbreviation and Acronym tags to provide definitions
- This site is compatible with screen readers and cross-browser compatible
Our website complies with AODA (Access for Ontarians with a Disability Act) at a minimum standard of level A, and in some cases achieves level AA.
Tips for Enhancing the Accessibility of this Website
This section provides suggestions for modifications you can make in your operating system and browser to help access OCWA.com. We currently have complete step-by-step accessibility modifications for the following.
- Internet Explorer 7
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple OS X
Change text size: Make ocwa.com easier to view by making text larger and more readable.
Magnify screen: If resizing text in your browser or operating system isn't an option, make ocwa.com easier to view through magnification.
- Browse Out Loud: If you have trouble reading online, learn how to make your computer speak back to you.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME!
The Ontario Clean Water Agency appreciates all feedback on our performance to help us improve our standards of service. If you have any general comments or suggestions for improvement, please let us know by:
Telephone: 416-314-5600 or 1-800-667-6292 (Reception Corporate Office)
Bell Relay: 1-800-268-9243 (toll-free)
Fax: 416-314-8300 (Attention: Feedback/General Information)
Mail: Feedback/General Information
Corporate Planning & Communications Branch
Ontario Clean Water Agency
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1700
Toronto ON M5E 1E5
The Ontario Clean Water Agency is authorized by the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (and O.Reg. 429/07 approved under the Act) to collect feedback on the manner in which it provides its services. If you require more information about Accessibility at the Ontario Clean Water Agency, please contact the Agency’s Accessibility Coordinator at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1700, Toronto ON M5E 1E5, (416) 314-6174.
For more information about our commitment to providing services to persons with disabilities ask for the: